The Pendleton County Extension Office and Three Rivers Health Department will be conducting a “Waist Management” program starting the week of January 7 and will last eleven weeks.
Perks of the program will include weekly:
• Incentives to encourage weight control
• Fact sheets on health and nutrition
Weigh-in locations will include:
1. Pendleton County Extension Office every Wednesday from noon – 6 p.m.
2. If there are at least ten participants at any school, church or place of business and an individual willing to conduct the weigh-in, we are willing to make that an official weigh-in location as well. We want this to be easy!
Benefits and cost to program:
• Cost will be $20.00 per participant. All money will be given back to participants at the conclusion of the program in prizes and awards
• Awards will be given to the individuals that lose the most weight by percentage and to the participants that receives the most points. (Award amounts will be determined after registration)
• Points will be given for attending planned physical activity or nutrition sessions, for completing weekly challenges and going to the weekly weigh-in
• Blood work and other free health screenings will be given to all participants
If you are interested, the steps to participate are easy:
1. Show up at the Pendleton County Extension Office on Monday, January 7 between noon and 1 p.m. or between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. for the initial weigh-in, measuring and screenings. Remember to bring your $20.00 registration fee.
2. Recruit individuals in your school, church or business to participate so that location can be used as a weigh-in location. (Minimum of ten is needed)
3. Start making healthier lifestyle choices to better your quality of life
If you want more information on the program, please feel free to call 654-3395 and ask for Kenna Knight.