|Summer recreation kick off|
Pendleton County summer recreation kicks off it's first week on Tuesday, May 28 under the direction of Steven Peed.
This week’s activities are:
• May 28 - Kickoff celebration. Relay races, tug of war, olympic competitions and more. We’ll spend most of the day at the Athletic Park.
• May 29 - In the morning we’ll be working on a craft project and in the afternoon, we’ll be doing a Scavenger Hunt.
• May 30 - Water wars. (weather permitting)
• May 31 - Kincaid Lake. Those going into grades K-2 will play putt-putt golf. We’ll be in the recreation area in the morning, and swim in the afternoon. Please bring or wear swimsuits under your clothes, a towel, and a large bottle of sunscreen to leave at Southern Elementary.
Activities for first week of June are:
• June 3 - Sports of all sorts. Everyone will get one game bowling, play volleyball, basketball, eat pizza and get 10 game tokens.
• June 4 - Movie day. Stay tuned for the feature presentation of the day.
• June 5 - Bicycle Safety Rodeo with Falmouth PD. Please bring your bike and helmet this day. They will go over road signals and bike safety. Following this, the older groups will ride through Falmouth. We’ll also have a visit from the K-9 unit today.
• June 6 - Bowling at Southern Lanes.
• June 7 - Kincaid Lake.
Those going into grades 3-5 will play putt-putt golf. We’ll be in the recreation area in the morning, and swim in the afternoon. Please bring or wear swimsuits under your clothes, a towel, and a large bottle of sunscreen to leave at SES. Bus leaves at 9 a.m. and will return at 4 p.m.
Breakfast and lunch is provided by the Pendleton School Systems through the summer feeding program.
Registration forms can be accessed at www.pendletoncounty.ky.gov and click on Youth sports/Summer Recreation. You can also contact Steven Peed email@example.com for more information.
Cost is $25 daily participation fee per child – payable daily or weekly cost of $100 Monday each week. This years’ daily fee includes breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack and all activities at no extra cost. The only extra money your child will need to bring this year would be for extra snacks at Kincaid on Fridays or for snacks at the movie theater.