With Valentine’s Day passed and temperatures starting to rise to the 60’s this week, thoughts will soon turn from the diamonds of Jared’s to the diamonds of the baseball/softball field.
Pendleton County Recreation is finishing up their final organization of the spring fast pitch and baseball leagues and registration forms will be distributed the last week of February.
Early Bird registration of $50 will end March 14.
Registration of $60 will end March 27.
Any registration turned in after March 28 will be $75.
Registration forms will be available starting February 24 at:
• Pendleton County local government website www.pendletoncounty.ky.gov and click on Recreation/Sports;
• Pendleton Recreation Department at Griffin Fitness Center between hours of 5-9 p.m., Monday-Friday;
• Front offices of Southern Elementary, Northern Elementary or Sharp Middle School;
• Distributed to males in the appropriate grades at Southern, Northern and Sharp;
• Available at Wildcat Baseball Youth Clinic/Meet the Team on March 8 starting at 2:30.
While final division setups will be determined by number of participants, generally 4-year-olds through 1st grade will be in T-ball, 2nd and 3rd graders in Machine Pitch and 4th-6th graders in Kid’s Pitch.
First practices are planned for the week of April 7, weather permitting.