|Licking River Writers Writing Contest seeking submissions|
Spring is nearly here and that can only mean one thing: The Fifth Annual Licking River Writers Writing Contest at the Maysville Community & Technical College, Licking Valley Campus.
The Fifth Annual Writing Contest is open to both children and adults and includes the following categories:
• Youth (K-5 grades) Poetry, max three poems; Story, max 600 words.
• Juvenile (6-8 grades) Poetry, max three poems; Story, max 1,000 words.
• High School (9-12 grades) Poetry, max five poems; Story, max 2,000 words.
• Adult Poetry, max five poems per entry.
• Adult Non-Fiction, max 3,000 words.
• Adult Fiction, max 3,000 words.
New! Adults Writing for Children:
• Adult writing for Primary Group (for K-3rd grade) max 600 words.
• Adult writing for Intermediate Group (for 4th -6th grades) 600 - 1,000 words.
• Adult writing for Young Adult, max 2,000 words.
Entry fees for K-12 grades, and current LVC students have been waived. Entry fees for adult submissions are $20 for the first entry, and $10 for each additional entry. (Two adult entries would be $30; three would be $40, etc). Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
The writing contest runs from February 1 through April 1 (postmark date). Stop by the Licking Valley Campus, located at 319 Webster Avenue between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to pick up an official entry form, or to drop off a completed form and manuscript. Checks for the adult portion of the contest may be made out to LVC Foundation and manuscripts need to be sent to the attention of Kristy Horine.
For more information or for an email copy of the entry form, please contact Kristy Horine via email at email@example.com.