|“The Night Before Christmas”|
There is a chill in the air and soon the holiday season will be upon us. The Christmas Festival Committee has been meeting to plan the annual Christmas celebration on December 1, 2012. The following has been decided so far:
1. Parade will start at 4 p.m. from the fairgrounds and make a circle through town and back to the fairgrounds so all contributors have an opportunity to view the parade
2. Grand Marshall of this year’s parade will be Nate Jones, pitcher for the Chicago White Sox and Pendleton County native.
3. Christmas bake-off at the stage downtown after the parade.
4. New this year will be the crowning of Snow Queen, Snow Princess and Old Man Winter.
5. Non-perishable food items donated gets you a ticket for the drawing of gifts to be awarded. Ace Hardware is currently accepting donations.
6. There will be a free chili supper around 5:30 p.m. at the Falmouth fire station with a live band playing.
Fun, food, and music for all to enjoy and don’t forget to get that wish list ready for a visit with Santa.
More details will be made available next week.